This special session will be animated by Pr Peter Konturek, from the Teaching Hospital of the University of Jena, Germany.
Who is Pr. Peter Konturek?
Pr. Konturek is a Professor of Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology at the University Erlangen-Nuremberg in Germany and Head of the Department of Internal Medicine at the Thuringia Clinic Saalfeld, Teaching Hospital of the University of Jena since 2010.
Among his different memberships:
- Fellow of the American Association of Gastroenterology (AGAF)
- German Association of Gastroenterology (DGVS)
- Bavarian Association of Gastroenterology (BGFG)
- German Association of Internal Medicine (DGIM)
His researches are focused on the impact of H.pylori infection in the pathogenesis of peptic ulcer disease and gastric cancer, pathogenesis of inflammatory bowel disease (IBD) and irritable bowel syndrome (IBS), but also the role of microbiota in the gastrointestinal tract and interaction with the brain-gut-axis, effect of stress on gastrointestinal functions.
His clinical focus is about the diagnostic and interventional endoscopy, treatment of IBD and IBS patients in a special outpatient clinic, therapy of food allergy and intolerances, fecal microbiota transplantation.
He published more than 250 original peer-reviewed publications and more than 15 book chapters. He is also member of the Editorial Board of the World Journal of Gastroenterology a,d reviewer of the leading gastroenterological journals.
What are the objectives of the workshop?
This workshop will allow the participants to know all the different aspects of the FMT, from the scientific advances to the practical applications.
The workshop will be divided in different parts:
- Presentation of the recent scientific advances and perspectives of microbiota
- What we need to know about FMT? The scientific data
- Practical aspects to use FTM and practical protocols
- General discussion about FMT
All information regarding the program will be added soon.